SUN LAKES PICKLEBALL CLUB COTTONWOOD (SLPCC) RULES
1. PICKLEBALL (PB) COURTS AT COTTONWOOD (CW): There are four PB courts located in CW that are owned and maintained by the Sun Lakes Homeowners Association 2 (HOA). The HOA has granted exclusive use of the PB Courts to the SLPCC as follows: Winter Hours: October 1st - April 30th: 7AM to 2PM Monday - Friday Summer Hours: May 1st - September 30th: 7AM to 11AM Monday - Friday
2. SHOES AND APPAREL: Non-marking court shoes or tennis shoes are to be worn at all times on the PB courts. Proper apparel must be worn per HOA Policy.
3. EQUIPMENT: Members must provide their own PB equipment, including pickleballs and paddles. Only pickleballs, paddles and drinking water in one water container with a closed, leak-proof top may be brought into the PB courts. Food, other drinks, bags, clothing and other objects are not allowed on the fences or on the court surfaces within the perimeter fencing.
4. WAIVER: A waiver form must be signed or electronically acknowledged by all members and kept on file by the Membership Coordinator. This must be done by new members prior to taking lessons offered by the Club.
5. CONDUCT: Members must abide by HOA Board Policies and Rules, HOA Homeowners Code of Conduct, and SLPCC By-Laws and Rules. Abusive behavior by words or actions directed against others is strictly prohibited.
6. GUESTS: No guests may play during SLPCC exclusive times stated above. No guests may play in any event sponsored by the SLPCC, including but not limited to leagues, tournaments and socials. At certain times of the year, the Board may allow guests for the 4.0 and Up levels because of lack of summer players. Guest Instructors may be invited by the Board to instruct and play with a specific level(s) during club time.
7. NO SOLICITATIONS: The SLPCC Roster, Bulletin Boards, and Meetings shall not be used for any non- SLPCC matter involving solicitations, sales or marketing purposes, or for any political or personal agendas. This applies to members as well as non-members and will lead to suspension or expulsion from the club.
8. COMMUNICATIONS: The SLPCC is an email-intensive Club and communications will be primarily conducted electronically from the Club to its members. Members are expected to check their emails for information provided by the Club. Pertinent club information is also posted on the bulletin board adjacent to the courts.
9. COURT SIGN UP:
A. Members must sign-up individually online, on the club’s website (SLPCC.net), to play during exclusive SLPCC court time. Club members residing in the same household may sign-up each other onto the online schedule in the proper rating and time slot. Multiple sign-ups and signing-up non-related parties during club time is prohibited. Properly scheduled members have absolute priority on court play.
B. Sign-ups for playing during club time are limited to not more than one time slot per member daily.
C. Members choosing not to sign-up for playing time shall not be considered in rotational play or court priority.
D. Members must remove their reservation from the schedule if unable to play.
10. COURT PLAYING:
A. All scheduled members are entitled to play equally during their appropriate court time.
B. Members are expected to be present a minimum of 5 minutes before assigned playing time and be ready to play.
C. Scheduled players must adhere to prescribed rotational play.
D. When entering or leaving a court respect other courts playing by waiting as a group for a natural break in play before crossing such court.
E. Leave personal items outside of the court. Only playing equipment and a non-breakable water bottle should be carried onto the court.
F. Rude or abusive behavior will not be tolerated.
G. When court limitations preclude all scheduled players from continuous play, members are limited to playing no more than two consecutive games before rotating out.
H. Non-scheduled players will not be considered in rotational considerations.
I. Courts assigned to a playing level remain reserved to that level for the specified time and need not rotate with any dissimilar scheduled playing level.
J. Scheduled court times may be reserved for a minimum of one player.
K. Members of an assigned level may request other level scheduled members to play if there are no similar level players available to play and if all scheduled players on that court agree to the request.
L. Upon completion of assigned playing time all players must vacate all courts for the next scheduled players immediately when assigned time has expired.
M. Court designations that appear on the court schedule within Chelsea are simply place holders so a certain number of players can be assigned for a given time slot. They are not court “assignments”. Players signed up for a given slot must abide by the play and rotational process utilized that day.
11. THE 5:00 pm RULE: Occasionally a scheduled court may not be reserved by 5:00 the day before play. This court shall then be considered vacant and available for any playing level usage. Scheduling this court requires:
A. The requesting member must have a minimum of four players agreeing to play.
B. A request must be submitted via the club website, slpcc.net. Go to the Playing Tab and select 5:00 Rule Request Form.
C. The request shall include names of all scheduled players for the requested court.
D. Submissions will only be considered 5-9 MST. Do not expect a response made outside of these times!
E. Submission of a request is not a guarantee of placement, an email will be sent to requesting player and the players will be listed on the court sheet for that day.
F. Court reserved in this manner is not subject to normal rotational considerations.
12. NON-SCHEDULED PLAY: Non-scheduled players have no priority in playing and are not considered in rotational considerations. However, there may be times when playing courts are not in use during club time. On these occasions:
A. Non-scheduled club members have priority over non-club members during club times. Both non-scheduled club members and non-scheduled non-club players must immediately relinquish any playing court to a scheduled member or event.
B. Cottonwood/Palo Verde non-club residents may play on any court not in use by a club member, however they must relinquish any court to a member wishing to play during club time.
A. All players must treat each other with respect, courtesy, and dignity.
B. ALL players must adhere to SLPCC and Cottonwood/Palo Verde HOA Policies & Procedures always.
14. COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT PROCESS: It is an inherent responsibility of the Board of Directors to ensure that all members are presented equal playing opportunity and are treated with respect. As with any group, conflict occasionally arises requiring arbitration and enforcement. Generally, verbal coaching is sufficient in resolving contentious issues. On occasion, further action may be required and taken as follows:
A. An official-written warning will be issued for an infraction of club policies after a verbal warning or reminder email has been issued.
B. A second infraction will incur the following playing penalty points, which will be assessed immediately:
a. Late to the court for scheduled play: 1 point
b. No show for scheduled time: 1 point
c. Playing without being scheduled: 2 points
d. Failure to abide with rotational policies: 2 points
e. Failure to depart court at end of scheduled play: 2 points
C. Members assessed five or more penalty points in a calendar month shall be suspended from Chelsea access for a period of one week.
D. Members assessed a further five penalty points in a calendar month shall be required to appear at a Board hearing and subject to further corrective action.
E. Member abusive behavior, or other serious offenses:
A Board hearing will be held to investigate the infraction. The hearing may result in suspension or expulsion from the club.
F. Our compliance management actions are not limited by this list.
NOTE: The assignment of points impacts a player’s priority ranking within the Chelsea reservation system and, in turn, their ability to reserve future court time.
15. COOPERATION: Each member’s cooperation is essential in ensuring everyone has fun and an enjoyable experience with playing.
16. RULE CHANGES: Members may propose changes or additions to SLPCC Rules, but only the SLPCC Board can enact any changes or additions to the SLPCC Rules by a majority vote of the SLPCC Board.
SLPCC Rules Rev. 02/19
SLPCC Rules Rev. 08/20